When August hits us it can feel like the fun of summer is coming to an end. So, before you start bringing out the brown paper lunch bags and dividing up the school supplies, pick a few days this month that will be dedicated to having some family fun! Just because summer is almost over, doesn’t mean that the fun has to stop!
We’ve lined up some great activities to enjoy with your family:
- Host a family game night! Take turns picking out games and invite other families to join in on the fun.
- Backyard movie night. These days, it costs an arm and a leg to take the entire family out to the movies, so why not watch a movie in your own makeshift movie theater? Play your family’s favorite movie using a projector and a blank wall. You can also set up a snack station with popcorn, candy, chips, and other munchies!
- Backyard camping. Set up your own camp by pitching some tents in your backyard! Play fun board games and tell spooky stories around your "campfire”.
- Host a dance party. Turn your living room into a party zone by dressing up in funky party attire, dimming the lights, and turning on your favorite dance jams. Disco ball is optional!
- Just use your imagination, spend time together and have fun!!
The best news: No matter where you live, what you do, or what your budget is, you and your family will be creating lifelong memories.
Enjoy these days and each and every one of these moments.