Whether you can trace your families’ bloodlines to Ireland or not, most people celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
Here are a few St. Patrick’s Day Fun Facts:
- Tradition says that you wear green on St. Patrick’s Day to hide from leprechauns that would pinch you.
- St. Patrick was not born in Ireland. It is believed he was born in Britain and kidnapped by Irish raiders.
- The first-ever St. Patrick’s Day parade was held in America.
- The 4 leaves of the clover symbolize Faith, Love, Hope, and Luck.
- Beer is the most widely consumed beverage on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Your odds of finding a four-leaf clover are about 1 in 10,000.
- Ireland and Montserrat are the only 2 countries that have made St. Patrick’s Day a public holiday.
- There are 34.7 million U.S. residents with Irish ancestry. This number is more than seven times the population of Ireland itself.
Need a little laugh this week?
- Q: How can you tell if an Irishman is having a good time?
- A: He's Dublin over with laughter!
- Q: What do you call a fake stone in Ireland?
- A: A sham rock
I hope you enjoyed this information.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Published with permission from BGI Systems. Source.