This year Earth Day is on Thursday, April 22nd and there are many ways that we can celebrate this awesome planet that we live and breathe in. There are many environmental issues that we are dealing with as a society, and sometimes it may feel like there is no way you can possibly make a difference with such a tremendous amount of needs that the Earth’s environment has.
However, I assure you that every little bit counts! And, if we all just made a few simple changes in our daily lives, those changes would have an enormous positive impact on our Mother Earth.
Earth Day was first observed on April 22nd, 1970 and is meant to bring attention to the decline of our planet and how we can improve the environment.
Here are a few ways you can help improve our environment and save our planet every day:
- Use a reusable water bottle
- Opted for reusable bags instead of plastic grocery bags
- Turn off the lights during the day - open your curtains to allow the use of natural light
- Plant a tree - not only will this help the environment but will also help your local wildlife
- Unplug unused items - chargers, computers, TVs, DVRs, etc.
- Carpool or ride a bike when possible - not only will this help your wallet but also cut down on emissions and fumes
- Only run the washing machine and dishwasher when you have a full load - again, this will help your wallet and the environment by cutting water use
- Choose rechargeable batteries
- Reduce, Reuse, & Recycle - look for the special triangle on all your products to know if it can be recycled.
- Stop purchasing only new items, look for it used first
- DON’T LITTER - keep a small bag in your car at all times for trash to save it from going out your window
For more information about Earth Day and how you can make a difference, click HERE.
Making these few changes will help give us a healthier and more wonderful world to live in. Every little bit counts, so start today and make a difference!