It’s important that we are always aware of the risks outside our control and are prepared in case the unthinkable happens.
We recognize National Preparedness Month to help increase awareness of the importance of always keeping safety first.
“Disasters Don’t Wait. Make Your Plan Today.”
Here are 10 Ways to Prepare:
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings.
- Create your emergency plan and test it.
- Assemble or update your disaster kit.
- Conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions for local hazards.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training, or class.
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Document your property and obtain appropriate insurance for hazards that may occur near your home.
- Make improvements to your home to reduce potential injury or property damage.
- Conduct a disaster exercise to review and improve your emergency plan.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources.
Now is a great time to learn lifesaving skills - such as CPR and first aid, check your insurance policies and coverage for the hazards you may face, such as floods, earthquakes, and tornadoes.
For tips and information about maximum preparedness, go to www.ready.gov. It is the best resource for all types of disaster, emergency, and preparedness info.
Yours and your family’s safety is our Agency’s #1 Priority. Make sure you are properly prepared before a disaster or emergency strikes, have a complete Home Inventory, and are properly insured.
As always, if you have any questions about your current coverage, feel free to give us a call at any time.