Renter’s Insurance is needed for things like when an apartment is robbed or the apartment above it has a fire, and the water used to extinguish it floods the apartment. A landlord’s policy likely won’t pay to replace any of the items in the apartment. That’s up to the renter.
You have a lot of money invested in your personal property and it’s worth protecting. And you could experience a loss due to something you have no control over.
Also, keep in mind a renters need for liability insurance. Say a friend’s clumsy cousin trips on a pair of sneakers, falls down the stairs and hurts his back. Like it or not, he could sue the renter for that. Whether or not he wins, fighting that suit could be an expensive nightmare.
A Renters Policy will protect personal property the same way it would in homeowner’s insurance. Ask your agent about what level of coverage is right for you.
A Renter’s Insurance Policy will include:
- Personal Property Protection – Covers the loss of damage of belongings
- Family Liability Protection – Provides legal representation and protection against judgments.
- Guest Medical Protection – Covers medical costs for visitors injured at the residence.
- Additional Living Expenses – Reimbursements for costs of temporary housing during reconstruction.
- Replacement Coverage – Allows a person to receive the full purchase price of lost items.
- High Value Item Coverage – Extends protection beyond basic policy limits.
Insurance Discounts and Savings:
- Multi Line (Property and Auto) – Save up to 15% depending on type of home and coverage needed
- Protective Devices – Save up to 15% depending on the combination of installed protective
- 55 and Retired – Save up to 10% with a 55 and Retired discount
*Coverages and discounts may not be available with all companies and vary on amounts and types of coverages available.
Call The Office Or Come By TODAY So We Can Make Sure Your Policy Is Up To Date!